Rusty Fig Wines
Rusty Fig Wines, the taste of the NSW Far South Coast. Tastings by Appointment.
Our cool climate vineyard lies 15 minutes inland from the seaside town of Bermagui on the Far South Coast of New South Wales and 10 minutes east of the heritage village of Cobargo. It looks north to Gulaga, a sacred mountain for the local Yuin people, pictured above. The region’s latitude and climate is similar to that of the Margaret River in Western Australia and the vineyard enjoys a northerly aspect and cooling sea breezes from the north east. We have four acres under Tempranillo, Verdelho and Savagnin vines, making it a specialised boutique vineyard. Our peak production is about 800 cases a year. The vineyard is named for the majestic Rusty Fig, a native fig also known as a Port Jackson, which grows on the slopes of Gulaga, formerly known as Mt Dromedary.
- Family owned and operated for 15 years.
- All wines are estate grown.
- Genuine local wines made only from our own hand tended grapes.
- Quality wine recently rated in top 10 Canberra wines.
- Free delivery in NSW and the ACT for orders by the case, including mixed.
- Magnificent views across vineyard to nearby mountain.
- Wines are generally $16.70 a bottle for orders by the case, including mixed. Some wines are discounted from time to time.
Rusty Fig Wines, a ten minute drive inland from Bermagui, is overlooked by spectacular Gulaga Mountain. The latitude and maritime influence helps produce wines with classic cool climate characteristics, aromatic, crisp and with elegant flavours. All Rusty Fig wines are produced only from grapes grown in the vineyard.
Must Try Wines
|2015||Rusty Fig Tempranillo|
|2015||Rusty Fig Savarino|
|2017||Rusty Fig Savagnin|
|2017||Rusty Fig Verdelho|
|2017||Rusty Fig Rose|