Kangaroo Island Visitor's Centre
Kangaroo Island - a jewel in the sea offering a wonderful haven for travellers. Winery cellar doors, luxury accommodation and a range of outstanding foods.
Visit with our friendly staff at Kangaroo Island's only Accredited Visitor Information Centre and let us help you customise an itinerary as unique as you are to get the most from your time on Kangaroo Island.
Kangaroo Island Experiences - Wildlife, Food & Wine, Adventures and Natural Beauty
Some 4,600 folk live here, most of them primary producers, many of them descended from Islanders who have farmed the land and fished the seas for generations. Naturally enough, being surrounded by fertile lands and rich waters, Kangaroo Island produces some of Australia's finest gourmet foods.
Gastronomic adventurers should get ready to be amazed by the likes of freshly caught King George Whiting, sheep's cheese, marron, a unique variety of honey and an exciting range of varietal wines.
As if this isn't enough on your plate, you'll also find rich histories, a thriving arts community, and a range of accommodation options ranging from outdoor swags to lighthouse keeper's cottages to super-chic retreats.
So we'd like to extend a wild and very warm welcome to Kangaroo Island - Australia's premier wildlife destination.
Experience and enjoy...
You'll be amazed at how vastly different the Island looks when you come back throughout the year to experience the pleasures of each distinct season.
- Closest recommended accommodation:: Salty Air Apartments
- Closest recommended food & dining:: Gourmet Food and Wine Trail Tour
- Closest recommended cellar door/winery:: Amadio Wines
- Visit the cellar doors;
- Sun yourself on the sparkling, picture-perfect beaches in summer;
- Enjoy a brisk, scenic walk in autumn;
- Cuddle up with a cosy fire in a heritage cottage through our lush winter after a day of whale and wildlife spotting.